Thursday, June 9, 2011

Corner Bakery Cafe

Corner Bakery Cafe
"Perfect Stop for Lunch"
Location: 2111 Wilson Blvd. 
Arlington, VA 22209
Note: Franchise (they are everywhere)


A good way to sum up Corner Bakery Cafe is to say that it's a lot like Panera but more authentic, with better variety. 


I went to C.B. Cafe for a late lunch today. If had gone earlier, I probably would've taken advantage of the all-day breakfast menu. The scrambled egg sandwiches sound pretty good! 


For lunch, you have your pick of fresh salads, homemade soups, signature sandwiches and hearty pastas. And like Panera, along with many other restaurants, you have a combo option, or better put: the "pick two."


I chose half of the chicken pomodori panini with a mixed greens salad. The panini was great--all natural roasted chicken, fresh basil and spinach, oven-roasted tomatoes and provolone cheese with pesto mayo on sourdough. The salad was average, but fresh. (I hate when salad isn't completely fresh, especially when I dine out) Honestly, I have nothing negative to say about Corner Bakery. 


The atmosphere was relaxing for a quick, in and out, lunch. It wasn't as hectic as a Panera where you're fighting for an open table. There were a number of comfortable booths to sit in. Not to mention, there was actually decent music playing. A little '70s and '80s classic rock going on. And the best part was, a server brings out your food--no confusion with a buzzer and whatnot. 


Overall rating: B. I would stop in again for breakfast or lunch. However, I probably won't (this summer) because I have other places to explore!


Tomorrow I'm going out for a nice dinner. The blog post should be a little more exciting than this one. For some reason, I think dinner is always wayyyyy more fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment